Thursday, October 13, 2011

Halloween as a Fun Occasion

Hi dearies... 

It has been some time since my last post. Here I am thinking of new ideas to revamp 
my blog site so as to show provide more information and interacting session with you! 
So stay tune to our new revolution :)

Meanwhile, today I would like to share a special occasion: Halloween. 
I came across some article about Halloween which arouses my curiosity to find out more.
So i see that Halloween is actually a customary celebration. It has become a fun activity
especially for children.

They dress in their spookiest and weirdest costumes 
and come to every house in the neighbourhood to ask for treats from homeowners. 
Those treats usually come in the form of candies and other sweet goodies. Sometimes,
they collect coins. The question asked is ‘Trick or treat?’ thus the name for the activity. 
Trick refers to threat to perform a form of mischief to the homeowner or his property
specifically if no treat is provided.

Celebrations would be dull without decorations. In the past centuries,
it was believed that Halloween decors were important in that they help 
drive away bad and harmful spirits. These days, such ornaments are 
considered part of the Halloween tradition. Enthusiastic decors provide
magnificent effects. Props are considered wickedly cool and spooky materials
and costumes are musts. 

Halloween is not only for kids but for teens as well. Some people would even 
assert that it could also be for parents haa... In other words, it could be for everyone. 
But above all, kids and teens are the most excited about different events that
are staged for the occasion. Adults just have fun preparing materials and
organizing events for kids and teens on the day. Its as busy as Christmas and New Year. 
Well a very interesting tradition. 

As in Singapore we are a multi racial country with all
kinds of tradition. So it is a very good place to be in for me to learn so much of 
different tradition and culture. Just before I end my sharing, I hope that I could see you
at my Pushcart of Change Alley @ Raffles Place from next Monday (17/10/2011 - 31/10/2011).   

See ya
Mei Yee

No comments:

Post a Comment